Air Fryer Chicken Thighs Recipe :- Before knowing how to cook with the air fryer, let’s know what is air fryer and how does it. Because the air fryer is the newly introduced appliance that has been becoming popular day by day.
An air fryer is an appliance that uses mainly a hot air system, which is distributed through fans, to cook food. Basically, this is how the air fryer works although it depends on the model can vary a bit. Using an air fryer, the benefits are multiple. They are easy to use and clean, they do not cause odor because the air or steam they expel is infinitely less than that of conventional fryers.
And of course, we must highlight the lower consumption of fats and cholesterol in the food. Food is in the air fryer cooked with up to 80% less oil. The taste of fried foods, however, can only be achieved by frying. But if you are looking for a healthier alternative, air fryers are an interesting option.
Chicken thighs are tender and nutritious and are very popular among children at home. If you use traditionally fried, although it is delicious, it will inevitably consume too much oil, which will also affect your health. Now, with the air fryer, you can make the fried chicken thighs with crispy skin and fresh meat in a very small amount.
How to Cook the Air Fryer Chicken Thighs Recipe
#1 Ingredients needed for cooking the Air Fryer Chicken Thighs Recipe
Making chicken in the Airfryer is something very simple with a spectacular result. The Airfryer, for those who do not know, is a fryer that fries things with very little oil, just to impregnate the ingredient that we are going to put in the basket. The results are tender and cooked interiors, and crispy and rich exteriors, very rich. The recipe now is a simple chicken that is macerated in oyster sauce, soy sauce, and wine for a while before putting it in the Airfryer. A maceration that gave the chicken a great taste. Take a look at the ingredients that we need for this recipe.
- 4 chicken thighs,
- 30 grams of oyster sauce,
- 30 grams of soy sauce,
- 20 grams of cooking wine,
- 1 gram of salt,
- 10 grams of sugar,
- one egg,
- a proper amount of bread crumbs
- a little vegetable oil
Total estimated time for preparing and cooking: 2hr 30 minutes
Servings for:3-4 people
#2 Inventories Required for cooking the Air Fryer Chicken Thighs Recipe
If you have never eaten fried chicken in the air, it may sound a bit odd. Because the food in a fryer is not fried, it is more like ultra-convection roasting. It means you can use only a little oil and still get Chicken Crispy and delicious. Simply add chicken to the marinade, shake it, place it in the basket and cook. And you’ll be on your way to delicious perfectly juicy chicken drumsticks with crispy skin!
Although it is called a fryer, it is different from our traditional frying, but it is more suitable to use the air to fridge or bake. However, due to its small space and good sealing effect, it is better to use an air fryer at the same temperature as the oven. So it will be shortened in time, and it is easy to use, and it can be preheated in just 5 minutes. So very popular. In the article, you have already guessed that we don’t need more. All are common items except for the air fryer. Air fryer, by the way, is very easy to clean, store and maintain. Take a look at what articles we will be needing for this recipe.
- Air fryer
- Bowls large
- Measuring cup
- Spoons and ladles
- Paper towels or dishcloth
- Knife and chopping board
- Oven mitts
#3 Preparation before cooking the Air Fryer Chicken Thighs Recipe
Air fryers are incredibly easy to clean (some even get in the dishwasher) and are very easy to use. This recipe for Air Fryer chicken thighs is cholesterol-free. As well as heart-healthy with some vegetable oil for a versatile chicken recipe that works on healthy eating plans for Anyone. The advantage of using an air fryer is that it does not require a lot of oil. The effect of fried chicken is basically not greasy. After finishing the fried chicken, you don’t have to bother to deal with the oil used in a large pot. Because there is no soot, and cleaning the kitchen and utensils is very convenient and simple. The only preparation that is involved in making this recipe is the preparation of chicken thighs and marinade. And also preheating the air fryer. So before beginning out cooking, we prepare first.
- First, gather all the ingredients and items that have been mentioned above. Make sure every item and are clean.
- While cleaning the air fryer make sure that the appliance is unplugged. Preheat the air fryer to 200°.
- Now wash hands and put on the apron. Prepare the chicken thighs for cooking.
- If the meat was resting in the refrigerator, bring it out and keep it aside at room temperature. But this will take time so you can simply wash the thighs in the running water.
- Place them on top of the dishcloth 3-4 pieces of paper towel. And cover them with the same number of paper towels and pat them. So they can be dried completely.
- Then take the fork and make some pores in the chicken thighs. Keep it aside.
- Wash hands again and shell the egg in a bowl. Whisk it properly.
- Your preparation is complete so let’s start cooking on the air fryer.
#4 How to cook the Air Fryer Chicken Thighs Recipe
This recipe for chicken thighs in air frying becomes deliciously crispy, with crispy chicken skin without frying. The only oil we use in this recipe is just a little to get the crispy chicken skin. Approximately two tablespoons of oil that you will use on all chicken thighs to give them a little shine. You will be using just enough oil to cover the thighs not enough to fry them. Since traditional fried chicken is cooked by deep-frying in hot oil, it can only be coated. This air-fried chicken is naturally low in fat since we are not using too much oil. This recipe also contains protein and carbohydrates as we are breading the chicken thighs. This recipe to cook doesn’t require much time. The time mentioned above is consumed because we have to marinate the meat in the sauces before cooking. Else the other process for cooking is very simple and few. Take a look at the step-by-step instructions for cooking this recipe.
Steps to follow:
- Take a bowl, then put the oyster sauce, soy sauce, cooking wine, salt and sugar and mix them well.
- Put the chicken thighs and mix them well. Then marinate the thighs for two hours.
- Take the bowl of beaten egg and keep it on the line of your kitchen counter. Take the tray and put enough bread crumbs that can cover the thighs completely.
- After two hours, take the chicken thighs and keep them on the counter in line. Take the thighs one by one, put it in the beaten egg first. Then put the thigh in the tray of bread crumbs. Roll the thighs properly on the bread crumbs so every part of the thigh is well covered.
- Put the prepared chicken thighs on the air fryer pan or basket and put them in the air fryer. Set the timer to 25 minutes.
- At 15 minutes, open the air fryer, pull out the pan. Gently brush a thin layer of oil on the surface of the thighs.
- Push it back into the fryer and finish the remaining 10 minutes until you get the thighs with a golden surface.
- Your crispy chicken thighs are ready.
#5 How to serve and eat the Air Fryer Chicken Thighs Recipe
It is customary to think that for frying and for achieving the golden crust foods. The secret is deep frying in the oil. And yet, thanks to the air fryers, frying without oil is now possible to reproduce these recipes without having to worry about the health and figure. These fries chicken are crispy outside and soft, juicy and tender inside. You can enjoy this chicken recipe anytime you want as in lunch, snack, or dinner. Serve it as appetizers at the party and welcome your guest. See what another way you can serve this dish with.
- Serve the fried chicken with side dishes. In many places, fried chicken is the main course that is accompanied by a variety of delicious garnishes. There are many choices of side dishes to choose from, but some popular dishes include mashed potatoes soft and buttery, butter muffins, Crispy, and Baked Cheese Macaroni.
- This combination may seem strange if you’ve never tried it. However, this dish is very popular, for example, in the United States. The fried and crispy fried chicken goes very well with a plate of sweet and buttery waffles.
- Some people like to cover chicken and waffles with maple honey, while others prefer to make a creamy sauce with mustard, cream, and thyme.
- Make yourself a fried chicken sandwich. This method works best with boneless fried chicken. First, choose a bun. Many people prefer a toasted wheat sandwich bun, but you can use any type of bread. Then, place the fried chicken on the bread and add the garnish you want.
- Some popular side dishes for serving this dish with are sour cabbage salad, roasted tomatoes, lettuce, and mustard, Guacamole, cheese, and corn sauce.
- Or, if you want to go traditional, you can have this dish with rice, flatbread, chowmein, pasta, mashed potatoes.
#6 Some simple tips to follow for cooking the Air Fryer Chicken Thighs Recipe
An air fryer is an appliance that keeps food suspended, for example, chicken thighs in this case, in a basket while it is wrapped in very hot air on all sides. This procedure creates an effect similar to baking, grilling, or frying. Furthermore, it requires much lower oil doses than other techniques, and the chicken thighs fat drips from the meat while it cooks. After all, air-frying makes these strips of cured meat potentially healthier than those sautéed in a pan. And that you really appreciate, but they are just as delicious. Here are some tips that you can follow for cooking this recipe in the air fryer.
- Run your fryer for a few minutes before adding the food so it is hot and ready to use when frying your chicken thighs.
- If you are going to put sauce on your thighs, wait until they are cooked and crooked to throw the sauce.
- Since the fryers are completely sealed, it is difficult to judge the cooking of your chicken by its appearance.
- Do not open your air fryer constantly, letting out the heat, trust the time of the recipe.
- When you finish your timer, immediately test the temperature of the chicken pieces with a digital thermometer inserted in the center of the thickest part of the chicken thighs without touching the bone. The chicken should be at 165 degrees internally.
- If the chicken has not reached 165 degrees internally, add another 2-5 minutes for the cooking time.
- Air fryers help hot air circulate around the chicken’s thigh for heat so high that it makes the meat seem fried, and to do that, it helps not to squeeze the pan.
- Place the chicken in the pan of the fryer so that they do not pile up on each other, which makes a big difference.
- If you ever see that too much smoke comes out of the unit before you can breathe. Turn off the fryer, remove the basket that you put on a plate, and then clean the bottom of the tank with a lot of paper towels to remove all the fat that burns. Think about using gloves and watching the time remaining on the fryer before stopping.
- Seasoning increases or decreases with taste.
- Operate the unit only on a flat, heat-resistant surface.And check that there is at least one free space equivalent to the length of one hand behind the fryer exhaust pipe.
- Follow the instructions provided with your fryer. The recommended cooking time and temperature vary depending on the model. Therefore, it is best to check the manual or instructions provided to know exactly the correct cooking time and temperature.
- Keep in mind that the smoke from the fat burning will have a white color, so if you see black smoke coming out of the fryer. Turn it off immediately and wait for it to cool to check the element compartment.
- Wait for the appliance to cool down. Turn the appliance off after you have completed your cooking. Some models have a mechanism that allows the fan to run until full cooling. So you do not have to worry if you still hear the noise, just make sure it’s off. The fan should probably stop after 20 to 30 seconds.
- Do not touch the fryer until it has cooled down. Unplug it, remove the basket and the drip tray.
- Do not attempt to disassemble and repair the unit. Call the dealer or the manufacturer for what to do if your air fryer is broken.
- Brush a thin layer of oil on the chicken to make the color gold and the outer skin crisper. If you don’t like oil, leave it.
- The time and temperature mentioned here can be adjusted according to the size of the chicken leg.
- You can also make this crispy chicken leg in the oven.
#7 Frequently Asked Questions
An air fryer is a new kitchen appliance that is gradually popularized. It is usually designed to heat the upper part and use a high-powered fan to rapidly circulate the hot air in the small pot to heat, cook and embrittle the ingredients. Although the effect is slightly different from the traditional fried recipe. You can still make the skin crisp and the inside is smooth and juicy. The fried chicken in the air fry is still delicious. Let’s try to answer some of your questions.
1. Can I cook other foods in the air fryer?
Air fryers can be used to fry all kinds of snacks, such as French fries, spring rolls, etc. And meat products are also fried in shells, such as chicken wings and chicken legs that everyone likes to eat.
2.How long does it take to fry chicken wings in an air fryerifI want to fry the wings in place of thighs?
The chicken wings that have been marinated are directly thrown into the frying basket. The start-up is less than 20 minutes. You don’t have to be afraid of being splashed by oil or wasting oil. It relies entirely on the oil of the chicken wings to blow out the golden tender taste. Just open the fryer and flip the chicken wings once, about 15-18 minutes.
3. Can this air fryer can be used to bake foods?
Any of the satisfactory air fryers can fry, broil, bake. It all depends on your personal choice. Whatever you want to devour to the fullest, you can prepare it in an air fryer. It allows you to prepare all kinds of food the way you like it.
4. What are the benefits of the air fryer that makes it unique?
Fryers use hot air instead of hot oil. The whole meal is much healthier and with much fewer calories. You can even bake the food until it is crispy, giving it a fried experience, both for looking and for taste. The fryer allows you to prepare chips, nuggets, fish, chips, raw meat, and vegetables that are the basics. It is also able to help you bake bread, lasagna, desserts, etc. The process can be a bit unique than with a fashionable oven. This time with the fryer is miles efficient, the process is shorter and the results are higher.
5. What is the cleaning process of the air fryer?
Wash the components of the appliance with hot, soapy water. Remember to wash the basket, the drip tray, and the holder that holds the basket. Use a soft brush or sponge to avoid damaging the nonstick coating. Soak the pieces in soapy water to facilitate the cleaning process. In general, they can also be washed safely in the dishwasher.
Wipe the surface of the unit with a damp, clean cloth, paying particular attention to areas that are prone to more dirt. Turn the fryer on again to dry. After cleaning and rinsing, you must reconnect it for about 2 to 3 minutes. This will dry all the components, better than you could do by hand. Be sure to remember to turn it off and unplug it after it dries up. Always store it in a clean, dry place.
6. How to choose the appropriate air fryer?
In the market there are many models with different characteristics, in the choice, in fact, we should not let ourselves be influenced only by the price. The parameters to be observed when choosing our first oil-free fryer are:
- Maximum temperature: Make sure the chosen model reaches a temperature of 200 ° C.
- Basket capacity: Pay attention to the right sizing! Those who live alone or as a couple could settle for a one-liter basket. While those used to organizing lunches in the family will necessarily have to aim for a larger model.
- Adjustable temperature: Thanks to the possibility of adjusting the temperature, with practice, you can learn to choose the degree of crunchiness to be given to each dish.
- Heating times: Like the oven, the fryer chamber must also be pre-heated. The most powerful fryers use pre-heating times of a few minutes. Choose a model that takes 3 minutes to get ready for use.
- Timer: The timer is not a decisive factor, you can take advantage of the oven timer or alarm on your mobile phone. Keep in mind, though, that many models have this feature, so if it’s a priority for you, consider it in the choice.
Now start air frying your chicken thighs.