About Bluehost Shared Hosting Plans and Packages :- Of the many hosting providers scattered throughout the internet, BlueHost appears to amaze Web Hosting seekers who need a WordPress recommendation platform at bargain prices. BlueHost has a good overall server performance with a level of Uptime that is not less competitive.
These two main things are the spearhead of the features offered by BlueHost for those of you who want Web Hosting with excellent WordPress optimization. Web hosting is recommended not only because the price is very affordable, but also the value of features that are suitable for everyone with a focus on WordPress.
Bluehost is a web hosting company which is now owned by Endurance International Group. It is one of the 20 largest web hosts, collectively hosting more than 2 million domains with its sister companies, HostMonster, FastDomain, and iPage. The company operates an in-house server at a 50,000 square foot (4,600 m2) facility in Provo, Utah, which is now shared with partner company HostMonster. Bluehost employs more than 700 people in its facilities.
Bluehost is among those researched in the analysis of web-based hosting services in collaborative online learning programs. Bluehost offers shared hosting, WordPress hosting, VPS hosting, Dedicated Hosting, Cloud Hosting, WooCommerce Hosting, and many other types of hosting and domain services. The Bluehost server is supported by PHP7, HPPT / 2, and NGINX + caching.
Origin of Bluehost
Matt Heaton first conceived Bluehost in 1996. However, he had at first created two other web hosts, 50megs.com and 0catch.com, before finally founding and settling on Bluehost in 2003. In the year 2009, BlueHost added a new feature called CPU throttling. CPU throttling (on BlueHost and similar hosting services) refers to the process of reducing the user’s CPU usage at a time when a particular user draws server resources too much at one time. At that time, BlueHost will freeze client site CPU usage substantially. This effectively turns off the client’s website hosted on the BlueHost server for several hours throughout the day.
In the year of 2010, BlueHost was obtained by Endurance International Group. In June 2011, company founder Matt Heaton had announced on his blog that he resigned as CEO. As he wanted to focus on hosting a platform design and technical structure, while COO Dan Handy took over as CEO. In 2013, Bluehost introduced two other new packages namely VPS and dedicated server hosting. In January 2015, Endurance International Group appointed Mike Olson as CEO of Bluehost, while Dan Handy moved to the company’s cellular development for small businesses.
The main features of Bluehost
Although there are numerous features of Bluehost, but only the main features are discussed below:
1. Recommended by WordPress itself
Not many hosting providers have the opportunity to be recommended by WordPress. For those who don’t know it yet, WordPress is the world’s largest content management system (CMS) and the one preferred by many. Currently, more than 32% of websites in the world have been created with WordPress.
WordPress is known for its ease of use and because it offers thousands of Plugins that allow the addition of extra functionalities to a website without the need for code knowledge. Similarly, WordPress is made to help you position your website in search engines easily and quickly so that you can receive organic traffic (free) from search engines. In conclusion, if WordPress recommends Bluehost this means that this is a company worth taking a look at and not overlooking.
2. Quick and easy installations
If you are not an expert in creating websites, with Bluehost you will be able to install applications in seconds with a single click. Bluehost offers a wide variety of apps that you can install from your account’s cPanel. These include email applications, content management systems (WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc.), e-commerce applications, and many more.
Bluehost is focused on improving the experience of WordPress users, this is why it has made the installation and use of it even easier. When you buy your web hosting with Bluehost you will have the opportunity to have WordPress installed immediately and once you finish with your account settings it will be ready to be used.
3. Free credits for Google and Facebook
When hiring the hosting services with Bluehost you will receive a credit of $ 200 to use with Facebook and Google Adwords. These are perfect to start receiving traffic to your new website. With Google, you will be able to create click-for-pay ads which will appear on the Google results page, within blogs and websites that are part of the Google Adsense program, and in Google videos. You will also be able to create ads with Facebook and place them within the feeds of the users of this social network. With this ad credit, you will be able to start creating an online presence and grow your number of followers.
4. Web Hosting
The web hosting service offered by Bluehost is based on Linux servers, providing simple storage, offering packages on shared servers that provide a stable service with applications such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, and the like. They also offer more advanced services to those who wish to have their own domains and emails, providing all the necessary tools for this purpose.
The company’s servers have a UPS backup system and diesel generators that protect the system from possible failures and power outages, keeping operations intact. Likewise, user data is regularly backed up for recoveries in the event of system failures.
The company offers 24/7 technical support through phone calls, email, and live chat. It also has forums, communities, and resources such as tutorials and training centers for training in the different tools available in its services.
7. Control panel
Bluehost offers its users a personalized control panel with all the tools they wish to use, the first option being the Linux CPanel with all its functionalities. Along with other options for domain management, website builder and editor, anti-spam and security protection software, IP settings, and much more.
8. Extra functionalities
Bluehost offers easy access to a set of applications and extra functionalities, such as one-click installations. In the same control panel, you can find applications like Weebly, Blog WordPress, and others, ready to install. Similarly, users who contract for a year receive a series of additional benefits such as a free domain, Google AdWords coupons, SEO Reports, and more.
Advantages of Bluehost
Bluehost has outstanding performance, with a user panel that is very intuitive, with professional customer service. And highly dedicated to solving problems quickly and efficiently and the best, at a very affordable price. Some of its benefits are as follows:
1. Bluehost Price
This web hosting company has 4 shared hosting plans, whose prices start from $ 2.95 / month with the Basic plan . For Plus and Choice Plus plans you will have to pay $ 5.45 / month for the initial period. If these plans don’t convince you and you are looking for additional features, you can always pay $ 13.95 / month for the Pro plan. All shared hosting plans include an SSL certificate, registration for a domain as well as unlimited bandwidth. Regarding the other specific characteristics of each of the plans, they are:
- If you contract the basic plan, you can host only 1 website in 50 GB of storage.
- As for the Plus and Choice Plus plans, you will be able to host unlimited websites, thanks to their storage space, you also have unlimited email accounts. With Choices Plus you get automatic backups as well as private service for your domain.
- With the Pro plan, you will not only have unlimited websites, storage, and emails, but they promise that they will be hosted on low-density servers, seeking to generate higher service performance.
If you are starting your project, the Basic plan can be a great help, since you can not only buy it at a good price compared to other options, but you also have more than enough space for a website. In addition to that, you will be able to have essential elements such as the SSL certificate, domain name, and email account, without any additional charge. A recommendation when choosing this hosting service is to try to choose the longest billing period since it is much cheaper than choosing the shortest plan. And then paying for the renewal, which can be much more expensive than the starting price you paid.
2. Easy to use
Bluehost has one of the easiest control panels to use, with an excellent design where you will not miss a thing. In case you want to create a website using the WordPress CMS, things get a lot easier. Once you first log in to your Bluehost hosting account, the first thing you will find is an interactive tutorial to start working on your WordPress website, which also comes installed by default. You only have to enter the necessary personal information and you can start designing your website.
The tutorial contains a lot of useful information that ranges not only from site design tips or content publishing, but also information on setting up some SEO tools or custom email accounts. But in case you are not going to create your website in WordPress, Bluehost also has a regular configuration, with which you will be able to have the cPanel of a lifetime. With this option, you will be able to choose between different CMS or make use of the file manager or database administration, intuitively and easy to use in case you do not have much experience in the area.
3. Server speed
This has been one of the aspects that have not surprised the most of Bluehost since when carrying out tests in different places, the results that were achieved were excellent. For these tests, tools were used to calculate the speed of the hosting service that can mimic traffic through virtual visitors.With these tests, the obtained results showed an average of about 130 ms from Mexico and around 140 ms from other Latin American countries.
These were the figures that adapt to Google’s recommendations of having at least 200 ms to be taken into account by this search engine. And although its servers are located in Utah, USA, the speed results of sites located in Europe, reached an average response time of 98 ms, data that undoubtedly was a pleasant surprise.
The service includes Bluehost web hosting Cloudflare CDN, so you can significantly increase the loading speed of your website in locations that are away from the data center. The CDN it also provides support to avoid interruptions, since you can send the content of the site through several servers, instead of one. This is undoubtedly an option that helps mitigate the fact that your hosting service does not offer the possibility of having several server location options.
5. Automatic security and backups
Although this company does not have high-level security features for its basic plans, it does not mean that its security system is low-level. For this section, you will be able to have a free SSL certificate on all the websites that you have hosted in your hosting service. It uses Google Postini technology to filter spam mail quickly and efficiently, and it also performs daily, weekly and monthly backups automatically. Although they generally emphasize that the company is not responsible for if they are damaged, so it is recommended to do them by ourselves or through a paid service.
You can buy these services directly with them. Sitelock has a cost of $ 23.88 / year, with which you protect yourself from any eventuality. For backups, you can purchase CodeGuard services for only $ 2.99 / month. If you are very concerned about the security of your website, you will be able to configure the login with two-step authentication. If combined with the use of high-level passwords, it will help you protect that any someone else sign in.
6. Customer Support
Bluehost customer service is supported by live chat, by email or phone, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and in an efficient and very responsible manner. The agents of their support service took less than 3 minutes to join the chat, less than what the software estimates that we will have to wait, that is, 5 minutes. In addition, it has a highly professional technical service and ready to solve your problem at all times and with great speed. They guide us along the way in a very friendly and cordial way, even when we were desperate to get our site back online.
7. Bluehost load time
Choosing a host that is fast is vital. If your website loads fast, your readers will be satisfied and will not abandon this one to look for another one that offers better speed. According to studies, if a website does not load in less than three seconds, users generally click to return to the results and find another option that offers a better load time. The same has been announced by Google itself in recent years.
Speaking of Google, it has also announced that now the loading time of a website is part of its algorithm. In conclusion, if your website loads fast, Google will give preference to it and it will appear higher in the search results. With Bluehost, you will have one of the best load times available for shared servers. If you choose a more advanced plan, your website will load even faster.
8. 30-day guaranteed refund
If you are not satisfied with Bluehost you can cancel your plan before the first 30 days and your money will be returned. The good thing about Bluehost is that they do not make it a problem to return your money and they do not have hidden charges like many other companies. Be careful, if you get a free domain name with Bluehost, the value of it will not be returned and it discounts it from the total value of the refund.
9. Free SSL Certificates
SSL certificates add an extra layer of security to your website. These change your URL from http: // to http s : //. If you use Chrome, you will notice that every time you access a website that has SSL certificates, the browser will let you know in the upper left; next to the URL. SSL certificates encrypt the personal and payment information of your users every time they make a transaction on your website.
Encryption of personal and payment information prevents them from falling into the hands of third parties. Not only are these important to protect your users, but Google has also announced that having SSL certificates now helps you rank higher in search engines. With Bluehost, SSL certificates are completely free and you just have to activate them from your account settings after buying hosting with them.
Disadvantages of Bluehost
The perfect web hosting provider does not exist. So like the others, Bluehost also has some drawbacks and downsides in its use. Such as lack of plans to acquire the service for months, questionable uptime, very aggressive service renewal strategy.
1. Lack of uptime guarantee
This means that in the event that the hosting service presents a fault that leads to large downtimes, the user will not have any guarantee. That is, they will be unprotected from any inconvenience that may have arisen due to this failure. However, it seems that their servers have great performance.
According to the tests carried out, it was observed that their service presented at least 8 moments of inactivity, which are summarized in at least 9 minutes of service interruption, which leads to an uptime rate of 99.98%. Although few will notice these periods of downtime, there are certain large websites that may feel unsure that the provider cannot achieve a service 100% of the time, in addition to not having a guarantee in case of much more serious interruptions.
2. Aggressive renovations
Many of the complaints that arise from the Bluehost sales system is that the prices they advertise will only be available in case you choose the plan with the longest period of time. And once completed, their rates will go up to the standard price. That is, if you purchase the basic plan for $ 2.95 / month during an initial billing period, as soon as it ends, the price will increase to $ 7.99 / month. When paying for the service since in many cases, the system automatically adds additional services to the shopping cart. So if you do not want to pay more, you must deactivate them and read in detail before finalizing the order.
3. Lack of monthly plans
Bluehost services lack the traditional plans with which we could pay the shared hosting service month by month, forcing us to have to host our website for a year, minimum. In many cases, the deals they offer are only available for very long periods of time. With this, they ensure that we have to continue using the service even if we are not convinced of the quality of their service.
Also, even if their prices are very low compared to other providers, we will have to pay the total amount at the time of purchasing the service, which can be a bit aggressive for our current budget. However, in case you have a very bad experience, Bluehost has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
4. They don’t offer Windows servers
With Bluehost, you only have access to Linux servers. On the other hand, Windows is useful for ASP, .NET, Microsoft Access, and Microsoft SQL Server (MSSQL). Unless you really want to use Windows applications, you will not have any problem.
5. High renewal prices for domains and hosting
When you renew your plan with Bluehost you will find that the renewal prices can be high. So high that it can be up to double what you pay for the first year. The same goes for domain names. The first year is free but at the time of renewal, you will have to pay $ 15.99 for the renewal plus $ 14.88 for the renewal of the private registry if you want to continue with it.
6. They don’t offer free website migration
If you currently have a website hosted by another company and you want to switch to Bluehost, you are going to need to migrate this by yourself since Bluehost does not offer free website migration. Bluehost offers a migration service for 5 sites and 20 email accounts but it costs $ 149.99. Although transferring a website from one web hosting to another is not that difficult, especially if you use a content management system like WordPress.
With a couple of Plugins, you can transfer your website to Bluehost easily. Now, if you are afraid of damaging your website when trying to transfer it, then take a look at SiteGround’s plans since they offer to transfer one of your websites completely free.
7. They don’t offer daily backups
Bluehost ensures that it offers backups for your website, but according to them, the backups are free and do not ensure they are always available. This means that you should not trust this and make sure to create backups by yourself. In addition, according to them, backup copies are deleted after 30 days and they are not responsible if they are available.
On the other hand, Bluehost offers a Premium tool called Site Backup Pro, which allows you to save daily backups and reinstall them with one click. But to use this tool you have to pay a subscription of $ 2.99 per month. At the moment, if you choose the Choice Plus plan, you receive access to CodeGuard during the service period with Bluehost.
Bluehost plans and packages
With a wide variety of packages and hosting options, starting at 3.95 / month, it is one of the best options you can find to make your website accessible under extreme traffic conditions. The cheap plans offered by Bluehost are a great selling point. The company has a proven track record, not only of ease of use but also of offering benefits like 30-day money-back guarantees. 24/7 technical support and more than $ 150 in additional benefits to help drive advertising efforts in Google, Bing, and related sites. Bluehost offers several hosting options such as:
1. Bluehost Shared Hosting Plans
Shared Hosting is usually the cheapest variant for everyone who wants to host one or more sites and subdomains simultaneously. In most cases, the specifications and features offered by shared hosting meet the requirements of small business websites. No matter what hosting package you choose, there are a range of additional features that you can add if you need them.
This is a great option for homeowners who buy the least expensive package but need to add one or two features that are not included. The Go Pro package is also possible for $ 13.95 / month. This allows you to have all the features of the Prime package plus access to a high-performance server, dedicated IP address, an SSL certificate, domain privacy, and professional site support.
2. Cloud Hosting
This type of accommodation is not stored on a single server but is deployed over the internet. In the cloud, your website is more reliable. The data is automatically replicated through three different devices. Should a hardware failure, the presents technology fault tolerance ( failover ), Bluehost automatically designates one copy of the website to be running while the other two remaining copies begin to rebuild. Prices vary according to the plan the customers have adopted ranging from $5.95 to $14.95. The characteristics of this plan of Bluehost are:
- Monthly payment: It allows you to add resources in a simple and uncomplicated way, avoiding surprising end-of-month usage fees.
- Automated Migration: You can transparently migrate to the Bluehost cloud in minutes.
- Data Mirroring: Three duplicate copies of your data are automatically distributed across multiple devices to ensure safety and security.
- Integrated Cache Storage: Automatically accelerated web content with advanced and custom NGINX / Varnish caching settings.
- Resource monitoring: Allows you to easily identify when more resources are needed to support a website.
- Instructive Panel: Site control by tracking traffic, load speed, global reach, and more from one centralized location.
- Instantaneous Scale: Scale CPU and RAM at any time and without a reboot thanks to OpenStack powered backend distribution technology.
- Automated Failover: If a hardware device fails, the site is quickly switched to another device to provide maximum uptime.
3. Web hosting for WordPress
This service is known for being Fast, Safe, and Simple as well as the best option for WordPress sites. Based on the revolutionary VPS technology, Bluehost has designed a unique architecture to make WordPress run at its best. Prices are variable according to customer needs, the recommended plan can be found for $ 19.99 / month. Features of this package of Bluehost are:
- Extreme speed: Integration of key features and built-in tools that make it easy to run WordPress like MOJO Marketplace, which makes it easy to find plugins, scripts. And more to enhance your site with just one click. In addition to WordPress focused controls.
- Completely sure: Integration of powerful SiteLock functions that guarantee day-to-day security: advanced CDN $ SiteLock WAF.
- Instant Provisioning: Thanks to the use of OpenStack, your server will be up and running in seconds.
- Guaranteed Resources: By using the KVM hypervisor, resources are always assigned to your account and will never be affected by others.
- Improved cPanel: Thanks to custom tools it is possible to easily manage your WordPress websites as well as email, domains, and advanced features.
- Backups: All plans include dedicated backup storage. Backups of your WordPress websites are automated, ensuring that your data is always safe.
- Dynamic Updates: You can instantly add more CPU, RAM, and SAN storage on the go, as needed, with just a click.
- Custom Technology: The entire infrastructure is built on top of the best hardware, built and managed internally by experts to deliver the best performance.
5. WooCommerce Hosting
WordPress is a powerful content management system which was designed to operate with the best shopping carts and online stores present in the world. With WooCommerce seamlessly integrated, taking credit cards and processing orders is a snap. Utilize the power of WordPress, the reliability and sustainability of Bluehost, and the versatility of WooCommerce to make your online store up and running fast. Bluehost offers the best way to boost WordPress and WooCommerce , with an exclusive price of $ 6.95 / month. The features are as follows:
- Easy to set up: WooCommerce is simple to install, so you can set up your store and sell online in minutes.
- Dedicated Support: A team of WordPress experts is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help with any issues you may encounter.
- Secure Payments: An SSL certificate and a dedicated IP are included for the security and encryption of your site.
Bluehost offers virtual private servers (VPS) using SSD storage, allowing you to enjoy greater power, flexibility, and control for your websites. Prices varied from $ 14.99 / month. The features include:
- Extreme performance: By using open source technology, such as OpenStack and KVM, the VPS offered are characterized by being powerful and easy to use. Servers are built with state-of-the-art components, making truly revolutionary speed possible.
- Instant Provisioning: When most VPS solutions take hours or days to activate, Bluehost offers VPS servers for immediate provisioning.
- Guaranteed Resources: By using only high-performance components, your websites will always function at optimum levels. And thanks to Bluehost’s own KVM hypervisor implementation, your resources will be guaranteed to be available at all times.
- Dynamic Resources: Add additional storage on the go. Through the enhanced cPanel, server expansions are competitively priced and enabled without requiring administrative assistance.
- Multiple Server Administration: You can add more VPS or even dedicated and shared hosting services to your account and manage everything effortlessly in one place.
- Access control: Create passwords that grant access to specific aspects of your account. Issues one for property information, one for server administration, and / or a master password for everything.
- File management: Use the file transfer protocol (FTP) to upload, download, or modify files on your server. Create as many FTP accounts as you need.
- Advanced Capabilities: Bluehost VPS is designed to support everything you might need, such as access to Secure Shell (SSH), access to log files. And web-based administrators for files, databases, and email. Form and customize your own .htaccess files, cron jobs, and php.ini files.
- Database Administration: Easily organize, edit, and manage databases directly on the server with the custom-designed database manager.
- Root access: For advanced users, the improved cPanel control panel offers full access to CentOS, giving you full control over the server.
- Guaranteed Support: 24/7 support with a team that is specially trained not only to solve technical problems but to helps you with all the aspects you need.
Related Post: What is A Central Idea of The Text?
6. Dedicated Hosting
When you want the ultimate in performance, security, and control for your website this is the best option. Bluehost is characterized by designing, developing, and maintaining its dedicated servers in-house to ensure that your site remains up and running at all times. Reliability is your highest priority. Price starts from $69.99. Its features include:
- Extreme speed: Each server is built internally by Bluehost engineers using only the latest technology. The use of open source technology, such as OpenStack, provides the flexibility to upgrade performance over time.
- Instant Provisioning: When most solutions take hours or days to activate, Bluehost offers dedicated servers that are provisioned immediately.
- RAID storage: Each dedicated server uses only high-quality storage with RAID level 1 support. Their drives are completely duplicated, ensuring that your data is extremely well protected. This feature is not found in most dedicated solutions.
- Storage Updates: With Bluehost’s improved cPanel, you can increase available storage space in real-time without requiring administrator intervention.
- Root access: For advanced users, the enhanced control panel provides optional root access, giving you full control of your server.
- Dedicated Support: A team of WordPress experts is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help with any issues you may encounter.
- Not Managed: Power users can have unrestricted access and control over everything from the operating system to Apache.
- Improved cPanel: Each dedicated configuration includes the enhanced cPanel-based interface option. This makes it easy to manage all of your websites, domains, emails, resources, and more from one centralized location.
- Multiple Server Administration: You can add shared services, VPS, or even additional dedicated services to your existing account and manage them in one place.
- Access control: Create passwords that grant access to limited aspects of your account. You can issue one for ownership information and for server administration, along with your master password.
- Database Administration: Easily organize, edit, and manage databases directly on the server with the custom-designed Bluehost Database Manager.
- Advanced Capabilities: Bluehost’s servers are designed to support everything you might need, such as access to Secure Shell (SSH), access to log files, and web-based administrators for files, databases, and email. You can make and customize your own .htaccess files, cron jobs, and php.ini files.
A good domain name is the initial step that initiates people find your website. Bluehost offers two ways to purchase a domain: priced at $ 11.99 / year for a basic website (.com), and free for those who purchase hosting for at least a year. After a year with the free domain, users are charged an annual fee to keep their domain registered. BlueHost gives users access to over 100 different Top Level Domains (TLDs), such as .com, .net. .club and even .org.
In the event that the domain expires, Bluehost will retain the expired domain for up to 30 days as a courtesy (not as an obligation, contractual or otherwise), pending renewal. 30 days after expiration, the domain will be placed for Redemption. During the Redemption period, the domain will be inaccessible and cannot be registered anywhere else. To get the Redemption domain, you’ll need to pay $ 70.00, as well as the renewal fee associated with the TLD.
Bluehost payment terms and conditions
Each of the Bluehost plans has the option to request a refund within thirty days of their purchase. In addition to this it is good that you know other terms and conditions of Bluehost payment:
- There is no monthly billing, only a single annual payment, to be made at the time of purchase.
- Bluehost accepts numerous forms of payment, such as credit cards and PayPal.
- If you cancel within the first three days of enrollment, you will receive your money back. You can also keep free domain ownership if you want. In this case, your refund will simply be $ 15.99 (the domain registration fee). By contrast, newly registered domains cannot be transferred to another registrar during the first 30 days of registration.
- However, you will have the domain as yours until the end of its registration period unless you renew it.
- Any package canceled after 30 days of service will not receive a refund.
Bluehost is the best option as a hosting provider for WordPress. It offers unlimited storage and uptime on most plans, 24/7 customer support, competitive pricing, a free domain name, free WordPress templates, and plugin integrations and custom hosting features. So it is recommended by many to use Bluehost’s hosting services for WordPress sites.