How to To Change The Font And Its Color, Size On The Google Sites? Google Sites is a free web application to create websites. To create the content of the pages, you can develop the website by yourself or collaborate with others.
You can decide the level of sharing what you want to allow, who the website owners are, and who would like to permit to edit or review the site. You can also provide permission to visitors to see only purposes.
What do Google sites offer that other sets of web tools might not have, especially for students?
Google sites offer
- It’s free
- Lightning fast and easy to edit (for the few options you have)
- Ideal for web developers for the first time to learn and practice
- No programming or database skills are required (but could help with some specific customizations)
- Crazy simple and easy to learn and use
- No software installation required, just a browser
- Fully integrated with the google application package
- Recently integrated with Google webmaster tools and google analytics
- Allow custom domain names
- The creator can access the tools from anywhere (as long as they have an Internet connection)
- Many, many options to customize
- Uploads of files up to 100 MB in size (premier and educational editions of Google Apps get an additional 500 MB for each user account)
- Allows the creation of an unlimited number of web pages
- You can embed videos, documents, slide shows, etc.
- Unlike most free website creators, Google does not require its own advertising banners within user sites
- Creator has full control over page access and permissions, to designate how much influence contributors and visitors have
- It has Google behind, so the potential for its evolution and continuous support is promising.
- Functions as a basic project manager
Before you start using the new Google sites, it is first worth identifying why you might want to create a site. Sites really shine when you try to gather a collection of different types of content in one place to share it with the organization of the world. These two triggers for you be the two key phrases (“different types of content” and “sharing with many people”) to consider sites for your project.
On the other hand, if your project does not involve mixed content, you should seriously consider whether Google sites are the right tool for the job. If you want to share a text document or a map, you don’t need to create a complete site; You can share your work directly with Google Docs or Google My Maps.
So what are the sites really for? Student or staff portfolios are a good example. The sites allow the student to compile works of art, writing, videos, and slide shows in a publicly visible collection. The employee evaluation system is another good example of what sites do best: add written content with links, documents, slide shows, and even a video or two, and then make this organized collection available to everyone in the organization.
One last caveat about sites before you begin: do not use the sites to duplicate or replace the functionality that the official tss website already provides. If you want to make changes to the official web presence of your department (for example, the wildlife expedition site), you must work with the marketing team. Do not create your own competition website using Google sites; This will only confuse the participants and make it more difficult for potential guests to find information about your program.
Create a website with the new google sites
You can access Google sites by typing sites.google.com in your browser’s address bar or by clicking on the 9 square grid in the corner of any Google service, then select “sites” from the drop-down menu. You can also go to sites.google.com.
This will take you to the previous version of Google sites. However, you will see an option in the left sidebar that offers the opportunity to try new Google sites. You can click here, or you can use the direct link: http://sites.google.com/new.
Once you are within the new Google site interface, it should be in familiar territory. The interface supports the visual language of Google’s material design, as well as documents, sheets, slides, and forms, but with a purple theme:
From here, you can double-click on a site you have already created to open it, or you can click on the large red action button (the one with the + sign) in the lower right corner of the screen to create a new site.
Related Post: How to Manage Your Child’s Google Account Secure and Safe?
The sites interface
When you start creating a new website, it is a good idea to start naming the site. You can edit the title by clicking on the top bar to rename your site. The logo/navigation bar is next down. You can click here to add a logo to the site (and a corresponding color scheme), choose the site navigation panel (You have two options: top or side), preview what visitors will see when they visit the site and you can share your site with collaborators.
The right side of the screen has the majority of its editing tools, divided into three panels: insertion, pages, and themes. The insertion panel performs most of the heavy lifting when it comes to editing your site. Basically, you choose what type of content you want to add to the site, then drag it to the size and position where you want it to appear. The basic options, which remain the basis of most static websites, are images and text:
However, Google sites also have the power to import and display content from many other Google services, and this is where it really shines. I will not cover them in detail, but I have created samples of most types of content that you can insert, so here are some examples:
• A map
• a Google Drive folder
• a google document
• a google sheet
• a google slides presentation
• a pdf
• a YouTube video
• a calendar
The most important thing to remember about embedding Google Drive content is that your site will not void your content drive permissions. If you embed a Google document that nobody else has permission to view, they will not be able to see it on your site.
Change the look of your website
When you use a Google Site theme, that theme automatically manages the display of your content, including the background, the color scheme, and also the fonts. If you want to change the sources of your content, it is much better to change the sources by changing the theme’s source instead of trying to change the font in each piece of text on each page of your site. If you manage the theme’s source, that means you can change your mind at any time and update all pages of your site automatically simply by making adjustments to the theme.
The theme panel allows you to change the overall appearance of your site. The theme panel works very similarly to text styles in Google Docs. When you change the theme of your site, this will change the look of each page, all at once. Each theme has several colors and typeface options. As an example, notice how my sample site changes when I switch the theme from ‘impression’ to ‘Aristotle’s:
It is not possible to have different themes applied to different pages of your website; You have to choose a theme for the entire site.
You can change the theme of your site and customize fonts, colors, images, etc. Whenever you own the site.
- Use the more button (shaped like a cog/ wheel) and go to manage the site, and then choose themes, colors and fonts.
- Use the base theme menu to choose your theme.
- Use the delete all customizations option to return to the original state of the theme
Change The Font Colors and fonts
You can change the default style of your fonts in terms of size, color, and font. You can change the style of the entire site, or only for certain types of text, such as the site title, page text, and headings.
- To change a default font style, use the more button (shaped like cog/ wheel) and go to manage the site, and then choose themes, colors and fonts.
- Select the area of the site you would like to affect (for example, content area)
- Select the type of text you want to modify (for example, Text)
- Use the font, size and color options to customize your text
- With the headers, you can specify the style of the headers (default), or you can adjust the headers (h2), the headers (h3), the headers (h4) independently
Note: If you customize the text throughout the entire section of the page, this will override all other text customizations. There is no way to customize the size of the horizontal navigation drop-down text, except to customize the entire page – text option.
Background images and colors
You can set the backgrounds of various parts of the website, including the entire page, the content area, and the site header, to be a particular image or color.
- To access this setting, use the more (cog / gear) button and choose to manage the site, then go to themes, colors and fonts.
- To change the background image / color, go to the full page and to the background. Here you can change the background to an image or a color using the various options.
- To use an image, use the image button and upload an image file. You can then choose your alignment, if the image is repeated or not (useful for patterns) and more using the options menu.
Troubleshooting; If your font options are not displayed, could they be copy and paste? If you copy and paste from another program, you may have copied some source codes with the text. To remove that, you must copy and paste it into a very simple text editor or a simple web form like the one at the bottom of this page. Then, you can copy the plain text version on the page of your Google site.
Text – capabilities
- Paste text retains the format offered by Google sites
- Style text as title, heading, subtitle and normal text
- Align text to left, right, centered and justified
- Link to other pages or web addresses (URL)
- Make lists in bold, italic, numbered and bulleted
- Use a code font (monospaced), strikethrough and clear format
Text – limitations
- Extremely limited font and color control in themes
- No size control (apart from choosing the title / title, etc.)
- You cannot boldly or italicize titles, headings or subtitles
- No new line ability (shift + enter)
- Without flow control or vertical height control
- Images cannot exist in a text box.
You are asked to choose a theme when you create a site. A theme puts certain proportions in the layout (for example, the distance between the horizontal navigation bar and the page content) and comes with default styles, such as fonts, font colors, and background images. Today, a growing number of companies are using Google sites as part of Google’s business applications to build their company’s intranets and internal project sites. Google sites make it easier for companies to create secure websites with the ability to support intranet, team projects, or client extranets.
Easy in the sense that you don’t really need HTML coding or web design experience to get the operating system of your Google sites up and running. You can use your capability of cloud-based with google sites to centralize your presentations, documents, spreadsheets, slide shows, videos, and more, which is good for business collaboration requirements. Google sites include Google business applications as a fully hosted offer. You don’t really need any software to deploy or maintain servers. All that is provided to you with Google sites is to maintain full control of your documents and with whom you share any information you are protected.
Google sites, Google’s website creation tool, has been around since 2007. While the sites were always easy to use, they allowed users a tremendous amount of freedom. Users can customize fonts, themes, designs, colors, and almost everything they want.
Whenever you work with a website, there is definitely a better way to make format changes that involve fonts and colors. And in this way, it does not imply the use of small icons in the formatting toolbar, which is obvious since it is visible when you are editing your pages. The correct way is to make those changes to configure them throughout the site. With Google sites, it means doing them in the site administration area. When on the site administration screen, in the menu on the left are the themes, colors, and sources of options, this is what you want to select.
Once there, you will see the following: This is what all these areas are:
- Theme: You can see which theme you have currently selected and switch to another theme.
- Page areas: you can select which area of the page you would like to modify.
- Parts of the page: lists the various parts / options that can be changed.
- Format: shows the format that you can modify.
- Preview: a preview window to see how changes affect your site.
You can change the format of any of the parts of the page listed. If you don’t like what you’ve done, you can always click on the subject again. If you have made many changes and want to return to the set theme, you can select to delete all customization:
Once the site is as you wish, be sure to click save.
Many people do not understand that there are several reasons to learn how to personalize your site in this way. The three main ones are:
- Accessibility: Using this method, changes are noted on a cascading style sheet. While you don’t need to know what that is, it is important to keep in mind that a person with a hearing or visual impairment can still use the accessibility features in their browser and/or device to fully experience their site. (This is not always true if you make changes using the formatting toolbar).
- Consistency: Your site will remain much more consistent, as this will change all similar elements with a single click of a button, so you won’t have to revisit each page to make a change (and one or more will probably be missed, once your site is developed).
- Ease of modification:When you want to make a change, this will be done on each page of your site in a couple of clicks. Therefore, experimenting with the look of your site is easier and easier to undo.
At the end of 2016, Google completely redesigned the site service and led it in the opposite direction. The new version of the sites limits users to use some templates, color palates, and designs. As a result, users have much less freedom, but the resulting websites look much better and also incorporate responsive web design.