What is Gmail?
Gmail is one of the free email services run by Google. It incorporates other Google services like Google Docs, Google Drive, and YouTube. Google additionally offers premium services to organizations through G Suite. There is likewise an HTML variant of Gmail called Gmail Basic and a Gmail mobile application.
In the event that you’ve never had an email account, Gmail is a decent spot to begin. It is reliable and free, and it accompanies 15 GB of storage space for your messages. Your email is stored on the web, so you can get to it from any gadget that can connect with the web.
Do you need Gmail?
Here are some of the reasons why you need Gmail. The advantages of Gmail are:
1) One of the advantages of using Gmail is that there is no compelling reason to erase another email again. There are fascinating features to discover, for example, the chat function.
2) Another significant advantage is that the email accounts can be imported into the Gmail account. This solitary implies that you can make use of the addresses that are contained in the current contacts. You can at present read and deal with the messages from one of the Gmail accounts. The emails can be re-sent on the non-account of Gmail directly from the account.
3) Keystroke shortcuts: If you are a hardcore typist, at that point you can empower keystrokes to speed up your messaging. Press C to create another email, press E to document a message, press M to expel the discussion from your inbox, and many more. For those individuals who do utilize Gmail shortcuts, this component is both certainty motivating and helpful.
4) In importing the accounts, snap on the settings found at the right and top portions. At that point, click on the Import and Accounts where the procedure. At first, there is a need to go on the email account that you import. At that point, press on the link for approval that is sent consequently. Then, the process is finished.
5) Apart from it, there are numerous valuable options and advantages of Gmail. There are numerous highlights to appreciate, for example, call labels. They are folders that can be set up and where messages can be managed. The messages can be organized as they will in general come in.
6) Gmail is even impeccable as an anti-spam and makes an ideal connection with numerous valuable tools for Google. One can connect the YouTube account, Google Alerts, AdSense and Google Analytics. Other than that, the email service of Gmail gives enough space for internet users. At the present, Gmail accommodates 7,462 megabytes. There is a free storage which contains elite security and keeps pointless messages out of the inbox.
7) More so, it further shows a search bar for email to numerous users. The search bar even helps clients of finding the keywords and old messages. There is an even improved search bar while contacts help clients in perceiving different people âs references
8) Even contact settings are being created. Be that as it may, users can still place a picture for each contact in making it easy to understand. Another beneficial thing is that clients can save their incomplete email messages as drafts. According to the section for drafts, they contain the entirety of the messages that are not completed. There is an amazing segment, for example, the chat system. Clients can talk to whomever they need to visit on the web!
9) Great uptime: “Uptime” is how long every year that the service is working appropriately. On account of Gmail, crashes are few and far between. For a service that charges nothing, it’s difficult to complain of the occassional downtime.
Gmail Cons: The Downsides of Gmail
1) Composing reply messages utilizes a little screen: Unlike the brand new message screen, Gmail shows advertising to the right side of the answer screen, which cuts into your available answer seeing space basically. Much the same as being compelled to deal with a small desk, this limited screen space is disappointing for individuals who esteem the quality of their composition.
2) Gmail gives you “Labels” rather than folders: People prefer folders. While Gmail labels are at last increasingly reasonable for labeling and arranging messages (for example you can put different labels on a message, a major advantage over using multiple folders), most users simply don’t care for labels.
3) There is no undelete: Sure, there’s no reason to erase anything in any case, taking into account that you have got 10 GBs accessible to you. Be that as it may, should you really press the delete command, at that point you’re left with the results on the grounds that there is no recouping that message or the documents attached to it. Trust us, the two times each year that you will do this, you are going to miss undelete.
4) Gmail is really plain looking: While you can skin your Gmail with different themes, the Gmail interface is outright exhausting. This isn’t a showstopper using all means, yet Google could easily put some style and design into making Gmail progressively alluring.
In simple terms, Gmail support is the help line for solving different Gmail issues in daily life.
Reasons behind contacting Gmail support
A) Fixing Common Gmail Errors
1) Change or reset your Gmail password: One of the most well-known reasons behind needing to contact Google or Gmail is to reset a forgotten password for a Gmail account.
• If you know your password and you simply need to transform it, you can do as such from both the desktop site and the mobile application.
Note: Unfortunately, it is highly unlikely to directly contact Google. You can’t call or email the Gmail support team as there is no number or email address for you to use. You can, be that as it may, try to use Google’s Support Center to take care of your issues and concern.
2) Brush up on Gmail basics: In case you’re new to Gmail, especially if the new Gmail format is confounding you, assessing Gmail’s appropriate use may help take care of your concern.
3) Block messages from undesirable senders: You can prevent undesirable messages and emails from senders by hindering their email addresses.
4) Mark undesirable messages as spam. In case you’re accepting undesirable messages from services, subscriptions or memberships, you can mark them as spam to indicate to Gmail that future coordinating messages ought to be sent to the Spam folder.
5) Add contacts to your account. You can add contacts to your Gmail account by using the Contacts application from inside the Gmail inbox.
6) Restore erased messages. In case you’re searching for an email you inadvertently erased inside the most recent 30 days, you can recover it from the Trash.
• You may likewise need to browse the archived email folder by clicking All Mail on the left half of the Gmail inbox, however you may initially need to click more and look down on this area.
7) Update the Gmail application if important. On the off chance that your Gmail mobile application isn’t up to date, you may run into issues with anything from email synchronization to signing in. You can refresh it by doing the accompanying relying upon your smartphone:
• IPhone — Open the App Store, tap Updates, and tap UPDATE to the right of the Gmail application icon if it’s there.
• Android — Open the Play Store, tap ☰, tap my applications and games, and tap UPDATE to the right side of the Gmail application icon if it’s there.
Some of the different reasons the Gmail users contact Gmail support are:
List of some of the major problems when youneed to Contact Gmail support
1) How can you solve Gmail account login issues?
2) How can you do Gmail Password recovery?
3) Why my Gmail Account is not working?
4) How can you Gmail client support number for recovering Gmail Password?
5) How can you recover forgotten Gmail Password?
6) Why my Gmail Account Hacked or Locked?
7) How can you avoid from Gmail hacking issues?
8) Why I am Unable to change security question?
9) My mails are lost.
10) I can’t get to my Gmail account.
11) How can you create Gmail account?
12) How can you change, reset or update Gmail password?
13) How can you get online Gmail help?
14) How can you remove sending or getting email errors?
15) How can you contact Gmail Technical Support?
16) How can you contact Gmail expert by phone?
17) How can you contact Gmail support helpline number?
18) How can you create backup?
19) How can you change the setting of your Gmail account?
B) Reporting Errors to Gmail
1) Open Gmail. Go to https://www.gmail.com/in your PC’s internet browser. This will open your Gmail inbox in case you’re signed into your Google Account in your browser.
- If you aren’t signed into your Google Account, enter your email address, click next, enter your Gmail password, and snap Next to sign in.
- If you don’t have the foggiest idea about your Gmail password, reset it and sign in with your new password.
2) Go to the Gmail page that has the errors. In case you’re reporting to Google a particular mistake in your Gmail inbox, explore to the error and ensure that it’s showing on-screen before proceeding.
- On the off chance if there isn’t a mistake you’re encountering in Gmail, skip this step.
3) Click the “Settings” icon
- It’s in the upper-right side of the Gmail page. Doing so prompts a drop-down menu.
4) Click Send feedback. This is at the base of the drop-down menu. A form will open.
5) Enter your feedback. Snap the “Send feedback” white text box at the top of the form, at that point type in anything you desire to answer to Google.
6) Select a zone to screenshot. Snap the screenshot beneath the text box, at that point snap and drag over the area you need to feature. Snap DONE to save the screenshot.
- If you’re not reporting an actual in-Gmail mistake, uncheck the “Include screenshot” box.
7) Click SEND. It’s at the base of the form. Doing so will send your error report to Gmail’s support group.
How to contact Gmail support?
Try not to think about this literally, yet Google wouldn’t like to talk to you. Some part of it is they’d be insane occupied on the off chance that they needed to run an active customer support call center — a huge number of individuals utilize some type of Google product consistently.
Interestingly, Gmail esteems your security, and they would prefer not to put you in risk for a hack by managing things like password resets or account recuperation over the cell phone.
Things being what they are, how would you contact Gmail? Here are a couple of alternatives.
A) Can you call or email Google?
Unfortunately, it is highly unlikely to directly contact or email Google. You can’t call or email the Gmail support team as there is no number or email address for you to use. You can, be that as it may, try to use Google’s Support Center to take care of your issues and concern.
In any case, according to some resources, you can call Google. Google’s customer support number is 1-855-836-1987. That will take you to a menu that will take you to a progression of different menus, however more often than not, except if you have an issue with a piece of hardware like an Android cell phone, the final product of your call will be a recorded voice revealing to you which website page to visit to attempt to resolve your issue.
Furthermore, don’t go calling other “Google” help numbers you find on the web; many are tricks. A genuine individual may well pick up, yet they’re after your money, not your concern with a doc or an email account or a search.
B) Using the Gmail Support Centerfor General Support Topics
The principle resources we are going to take a gander at is Gmail Help, a Gmail-specific help page loaded with answers for most normal issues.
Note: Before reading through Gmail Help, check the Gmail status webpage. It’s conceivable that the issue is across the board and Gmail is now mindful of it, in which case there isn’t a lot of you can do.
1) Open the Gmail Help page. Go to https://support.google.com/mail/in your PC’s internet browser.
2) Select a topic category. Snap one of the categories beneath the search box on the Help page. This will grow the category to show related topics underneath it.
- You can likewise search for a topic by tapping the text box close to the top of the page, composing in a word or expression which describes your concern, and choosing the closest subject in the subsequent drop-down menu.
- If you don’t have the foggiest idea where to begin, attempt the Popular articles class.
Note: 1) For instance, on the off chance that you get an error message when attempting to sign into Gmail, go to Manage your Gmail account > Sign in or out > Sign in to Gmail
2) If accessible, click the tab that compares with the platform you were utilizing when you ran into the issue: Computer, Android, or iPhone and iPad.
3) Select a topic. Snap one of the topic titles underneath the category you chose.
4) Select a help article. Snap one of the connections beneath the topic heading. This will open the article’s page.
5) Fill out a form if important. Some assist articles will expect you to enter data or select a kind of issue you’re experiencing. Provided that this is true, follow any on-screen prompts before proceeding.
6) Read through the whole help article before continuing. When you reach the help article, ensure you read through the whole thing before you endeavor to follow up on the article’s instructions.
7) Follow the help article’s means. This should assist you with settling your Gmail issue; if not, you can come back to the Gmail Help page and select another topic category, topic, and article to endeavor to fix the issue through an alternate procedure.
Note: The page additionally incorporates the steps for Android and iOS also
Note: sometimes, you may see a Contact Us link near the base of the page. Snap it if the help docs weren’t sufficient to fix the Gmail issue, and you’ll be taken to a form you can fill out to contact Gmail Support.
3) Using Gmail Help Forum for Specific Topics
Direct Gmail support isn’t constantly accessible, and the troubleshooting steps you find on Google Help probably won’t be sufficient, contingent upon the problem you are having with Gmail.
Something different you can do to get Gmail support is to raise an issue up in the official Gmail Help Forum.This is where people go to ask specific questions about problems with Gmail accounts. The forum is populated with other Gmail users, as well as Google staff members along with technical engineers.
You can get to the forum from the Gmail Help page (click the “Help Forum” interface in the upper right-hand corner), or by setting off to the Gmail Help Forum page directly.
Step 1: Open the Gmail Help Forum.
Step 2: Sign in with your Google account on the off chance that you aren’t as of now signed in.
Note: If you can’t get to Gmail, and hence can’t sign in to your Google account, the Google Help Forum has troubleshooting steps for that.
Step 3: When you show up at the forums, scrolling down shows the latest inquiries that have been posed by the network.
Much the same as Google Help, at the top of the page you can use the search bar to find any important inquiries users may have just posed. Similarly as with most forums, it’s viewed as acceptable form to try looking for your concern to check whether a goals has just been posted. You can likewise filter the present and recent continuous help discussions to check whether the issue has just been secured.
From that point onward, in the event that you despite everything haven’t found an answer for your concern, you can make another topic. This expects you to sign in to your Google account and freely post an inquiry on the forum. This permits some other user to answer with a significant solution and in case you’re fortunate, a Google volunteer may help you further.
Step 4: To do this, click the “New Topic” button on the upper right of the page in the event that you don’t discover anything related with your particular Gmail issue.
Note: If this is your first time in the Gmail Help Forum, you may be prompted to enroll and read the site guidelines before presenting on the forum.
Step 5: On the following page, in the box provided, clarify the issue you’re having, alongside any photos, links, or attachments that may help the other forum members help you in getting your concern settled. When you’ve entered all the subtleties, click the “Post” button.
On the off chance that neither of these resources gets you any closer to settling your underlying issues, you can generally send a letter to Google. Their site lists the addresses of each Google headquarters on the planet. Surely they’ll respond to an actual letter, isn’t that so?
The Gmail Help pages and Gmail Help Forum are two authority ways Google gives assistance to Gmail users.
In case you’re experiencing difficulties getting to or using Gmail, or have an inquiry regarding how to accomplish something in Gmail, you can post in the Gmail discussion or read Google’s help articles. Some different reasons to get Gmail support is if your messages don’t look typical, you can’t send mails, or you see odd blunders, among different issues.