.NET 8, the deliberate subsequent model of Microsoft’s software development platform, has moved to a second and closing launch candidate (RC) stage. Basic availability is due in November.
Unveiled October 10, .NET 8 RC 2 could be downloaded from the Microsoft .NET website for Home windows, Linux, and Mac. The successor to .NET 7, which was launched in November 2022, .NET 8 will likely be supported for 3 years.
Enhancements in RC 2 embrace improved efficiency and UI fixes for the .NET MAUI (Multi-platform App UI) framework and updates to Entity Framework. With .NET 8, builders will see quite a lot of enhancements starting from AOT (ahead-of-time) compilation and supply era to JSON serialization and rubbish assortment enhancements.
Particular enhancements in .NET 8 embrace:
System.Text.Json serialization and deserialization, with built-in help for extra sorts, new API strategies, and different enhancements.
- Rubbish assortment provides a functionality to regulate the reminiscence restrict on the fly. That is seen as significantly helpful in cloud situations, the place demand fluctuates.
- A supply generator is being launched to supply AOT (ahead-of-time) compilation and trim-friendly configuration in ASP.NET Core. This generator is a substitute for the prevailing reflection-based implementation.
- New sorts to enhance app efficiency together with a
Text.CompositeFormat sort to optimize format strings not identified at compile time.
- For reflection, a
System.Type object gives entry to operate pointer metadata together with calling conventions, return sort, and parameters. This performance at present solely is applied within the CoreCLR runtime and
- Extra SIMD help is obtainable, introducing
Vector512<T> and help for Intel Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (AVX-512).
- For cryptography, .NET 8 provides help for the SHA-3 hashing primitives.
- HTTP consumer now helps HTTPS proxy, offering an encrypted channel between the consumer and proxy, to deal with requests with privateness.
- New overloads of
CreateFromDirectory allow assortment of information included in a listing and zipping them. These then can retailer the ensuing zip file into the supplied stream.
- Native AOT help for iOS-like platforms is launched in a preliminary trend.
ValidateOptionsResultBuilder sort is being launched to facilitate the creation of a
ValidateOptionsResult. This builder permits for the buildup of a number of errors.
- Modifications have been made to .NET container photos, comparable to introduction of a sample to combine and match architectures with .NET photos. Additionally, efficiency has been improved for pushing containers to distant registries, significantly Azure registries.
- A brand new supply generator that helps interoperating with COM interfaces.
- For Android apps, the
<AndroidStripILAfterAOT> property helps you to decide into additional AOT compilation for Android apps to lower app measurement.
Copyright © 2023 IDG Communications, Inc.